Magna takeover of German auto parts maker cleared in EU
BRUSSELS Nov 29 (Reuters) - Canadian auto parts maker Magna International Inc secured EU regulatory approval on Thursday for its 308-million-euro ($397.61 million) purchase of German car hydraulic pump manufacturer Ixetic Verwaltungs GmbH.
Ixetic, a manufacturer of hydraulic and vacuum pumps used in automobiles, made 300 million euros in sales last year. The company has two manufacturing facilities in Germany, and one each in Bulgaria and China.
The European Commission said the proposed deal would not hurt competition.
"Customers would still have sufficient alternative suppliers in all markets concerned," the EU executive said in a statement.
- Qatar will not host World Cup: FIFA official
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- New Jersey man attacked and killed by black bear, police say
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State tells followers to attack U.S., French citizens: website