Hong Kong stock exchange UK FSA approval for $2.2bln LME deal
HONG KONG Nov 29 (Reuters) - Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd has won approval from Britain's Financial Services Authority for its proposed $2.2 billion acquisition of the London Metal Exchange, the Hong Kong stock market operator said in a statement on Thursday.
This leaves HKEx with only two more hurdles to closing the transaction. HKEx said a court hearing to approve the deal and confirm capital reduction was expected on Dec. 5, after which it would become unconditional and take effect the next day.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections