European stock index futures signal higher start
LONDON Nov 29 (Reuters) - European stock index futures pointed to a higher open on Thursday, boosted by growing optimism that U.S. lawmakers will agree to postpone austerity measures due on Jan 1.
At 0701 GMT, futures for the Euro STOXX 50 and for France's CAC were up 0.8 percent, while contracts for Germany's DAX traded 0.5 percent higher.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Texas man charged with capital murder for shooting dead six |
- Palestinian death toll rises to 77 as Israel hits Gaza over rocket fire |
- Wall St. drops on Portugal bank worry; losses pared
- Berlin tells CIA station chief to leave in spy scandal