European stock index futures signal higher start
LONDON Nov 29 (Reuters) - European stock index futures pointed to a higher open on Thursday, boosted by growing optimism that U.S. lawmakers will agree to postpone austerity measures due on Jan 1.
At 0701 GMT, futures for the Euro STOXX 50 and for France's CAC were up 0.8 percent, while contracts for Germany's DAX traded 0.5 percent higher.
- Alumnus shot dead after wounding three at Florida State University |
- Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor
- Naked outdoor protest over SeaWorld float in NY's Thanksgiving parade
- Exclusive: U.S. to allow people from nations hit by Ebola to stay temporarily
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |