Spanish stocks - Factors to watch on Thursday
MADRID Nov 29 (Reuters) - The following Spanish stocks may be affected by newspaper reports and other factors on Thursday. Reuters has not verified the newspaper reports, and cannot vouch for their accuracy:
U.S. fast food chain Burger King is looking for a partner in Spain to open 250-300 new establishments in the next five years, Expansion reported, citing sources with knowledge of the matter.
Banco Popular fully covered its 2.5 billion euro capital hike the same day the European Commission approved the recapitalisation plan of four nationalised Spanish banks.
Spain's Telefonica said on Wednesday it would slash 776 million euros ($1 billion) from its over 50 billion euros of debt after receiving 97 percent uptake in a swap of preference shares for stocks and bonds.
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- U.S. to Assad: Beware of interfering with U.S. air power in Syria
- Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, knocks out power to most area
- Iran supreme leader spurns U.S. overture to fight Islamic State |
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage