- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes |
- Imran Khan's party wins revote in Karachi, protests expected
Two Austrian peacekeepers shot in Damascus fighting
VIENNA Nov 29 (Reuters) - Two Austrian peacekeeping soldiers were wounded on Thursday when their convoy came under fire near the airport in the Syrian capital of Damascus, the defence ministry in Vienna said.
"The Austrian U.N. soldiers in the convoy and the two injured are already in safety at the airport in Damascus," a ministry statement said, adding that the injuries were not life threatening.
Austrian soldiers serve with the U.N. peacekeeping force on the Golan Heights, disputed by Syria and Israel.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this