BP's Carson, California, refinery FCC malfunctions: sources
HOUSTON (Reuters) - A malfunction on the gasoline-producing fluidic catalytic cracking unit at BP Plc's 240,000 barrel-per-day Los Angeles-area refinery in Carson, California, triggered flaring on Thursday, according to industry and trade sources.
BP reported unplanned flaring at the refinery to California pollution regulators but did not specify the cause of the problem.
A BP spokesman declined to discuss operations at the Carson refinery Thursday morning.
(Reporting by Erwin Seba)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video