Fed's Fisher not ready to tighten policy yet
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Dallas Fed President Richard Fisher, a top Federal Reserve official, said on Thursday the U.S. Federal Reserve would tighten monetary policy when needed but "we are not there yet."
Fisher, a critic of easy Fed policy, also said he would also like the Fed to define how far it is willing to go with its monetary stimulus.
"I personally advocate that we do it sooner," he told reporters after giving a lecture in Frankfurt.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane