Allianz eyes 2.25 bln eur buy of insurer Provinzial-paper
FRANKFURT Nov 30 (Reuters) - Allianz is mulling the purchase of public sector insurer Provinzial Nordwest and is prepared to pay the insurer's book value of 2.25 billion euros ($2.92 billion), the Financial Times Deutschland newspaper reported, without citing sources.
Allianz declined comment on the report and Provinzial Nordwest was not immediately available for comment. ($1 = 0.7705 euros) (Reporting by Jonathan Gould)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |