Allianz eyes 2.25 bln eur buy of insurer Provinzial-paper
FRANKFURT Nov 30 (Reuters) - Allianz is mulling the purchase of public sector insurer Provinzial Nordwest and is prepared to pay the insurer's book value of 2.25 billion euros ($2.92 billion), the Financial Times Deutschland newspaper reported, without citing sources.
Allianz declined comment on the report and Provinzial Nordwest was not immediately available for comment. ($1 = 0.7705 euros) (Reporting by Jonathan Gould)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Pennsylvania sniper held without bail in trooper shooting |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows