Boeing wins $688 mln U.S. Navy contract for 15 F/A-18 fighters
WASHINGTON Nov 30 (Reuters) - Boeing Co has won a $688 million contract to build 15 additional F/A-18E fighter jets for the U.S. Navy, the Defense Department announced on Friday.
It said the Navy was modifying a previously awarded contract to buy the additional jets. Work on the warplanes would be completed in July 2015, the Defense Department said in its daily digest of major weapons contracts.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls