Caixabank gains 524 mln euros in reinsurance deal with Berkshire
MADRID Nov 30 (Reuters) - Caixabank will book 524 million euros in capital gains after reaching a reinsurance agreement for the transfer of its life insurance portfolio to Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway, the Spanish bank said on Friday.
Berkshire will pay VidaCaixa a fee of 600 millon euros for the deal, Caixabank said.
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar soars to six-year peak on yen after Fed, Tokyo stocks cheer
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- UPDATE 4-Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading