Canada blocks Cenovus gas project in Alberta
OTTAWA Nov 30 (Reuters) - The Canadian government blocked on Friday a proposed shallow gas infill development project in Alberta proposed by Cenovus Energy Inc.
Cenovus wanted to drill up to 1,275 new shallow gas wells at Canadian Forces Base Suffield National Wildlife Area, but federal Environment Minister Peter Kent told reporters: "The environmental impacts are simply too great."
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia