Canada blocks Cenovus gas project in Alberta
OTTAWA Nov 30 (Reuters) - The Canadian government blocked on Friday a proposed shallow gas infill development project in Alberta proposed by Cenovus Energy Inc.
Cenovus wanted to drill up to 1,275 new shallow gas wells at Canadian Forces Base Suffield National Wildlife Area, but federal Environment Minister Peter Kent told reporters: "The environmental impacts are simply too great."
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Supreme Court to decide on patent protections for software