Canada blocks Cenovus gas project in Alberta
OTTAWA Nov 30 (Reuters) - The Canadian government blocked on Friday a proposed shallow gas infill development project in Alberta proposed by Cenovus Energy Inc.
Cenovus wanted to drill up to 1,275 new shallow gas wells at Canadian Forces Base Suffield National Wildlife Area, but federal Environment Minister Peter Kent told reporters: "The environmental impacts are simply too great."
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident