Chile jobless rate rises to 6.6 percent in Aug to Oct period
SANTIAGO Nov 30 (Reuters) - Chile's jobless rate for the August to October period rose to 6.6 percent as the work force grew faster than the increase in employment, following a July to September unemployment rate of 6.5 percent,the National Statistics Institute said on Friday.
The unemployment rate was forecast to have dropped to 6.4 percent, according to the median response of 10 analysts and economists polled by Reuters.
Chile's jobless rate for the August to October period last year was 7.2 percent.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone