Chile jobless rate rises to 6.6 percent in Aug to Oct period
SANTIAGO Nov 30 (Reuters) - Chile's jobless rate for the August to October period rose to 6.6 percent as the work force grew faster than the increase in employment, following a July to September unemployment rate of 6.5 percent,the National Statistics Institute said on Friday.
The unemployment rate was forecast to have dropped to 6.4 percent, according to the median response of 10 analysts and economists polled by Reuters.
Chile's jobless rate for the August to October period last year was 7.2 percent.
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid