Japan PM Noda: Wrong to have BOJ finance public debt
TOKYO Nov 30 (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda said on Friday it would be wrong to have the central bank finance public debt, regardless of whether it underwrote bonds from the government or bought them from the market.
"Having the BOJ finance public debt is inappropriate. I wouldn't adopt such a policy," Noda said in a joint debate of party leaders held ahead of a general election for parliament's lower house on Dec. 16.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data