Nikkei up as weak yen trend boosts hopes for exporters' earnings
TOKYO, Nov 30 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose in early deals on Friday as a weaker yen boosted expectations for improved earnings by exporters. The Nikkei advanced 0.4 percent to 9,441.92. The broader Topix gained 0.4 percent to 782.67.
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- Guilt may spoil restorative effects of entertainment
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |