- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
Resolution scheme must not bail-out banks: ECB's Knot
PARIS (Reuters) - A future single European bank resolution scheme should impose losses on shareholders and bondholders instead of simply bailing-out lenders with large amounts of public money, ECB Governing Council member Klaas Knot said on Friday.
"The resolution fund does not necessarily have to be so large as the numbers I've seen floating around... That's built too much on the notion that the fund is there to bail out," the Dutch central banker told a conference in Paris.
"Resolution is much more about imposing losses shareholders, the debt-holders, and even the senior debt-holders," he said.
(Reporting By Leigh Thomas and Daniel Flynn; editing by Paul Carrel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this