Ford recalls some Escape, Fusion models on engine overheating risk
(Reuters) - Ford Motor Co (F.N) said it was recalling some Escape SE and SEL models and Fusion SE and SEL models due to the risk of engine overheating that may cause fire.
The voluntary recall involves 2013 versions of the models with 1.6-liter engines, the company said in a statement. The issue does not affect the models with other engines.
Ford estimated that there are about 73,320 Escape SUVs and 15,833 Fusion midsize sedans in the United States and Canada with 1.6-liter engines.
(Reporting by Krishna N. Das; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia