India's CPI for industrial workers for October at 9.6 percent
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's consumer price index (CPI) for industrial workers was at 9.6 percent in October, higher than an annual rise of 9.14 percent in September, government data showed on Friday.
The consumer price index for industrial workers rose by 2 points from the previous month to 217 in October, data released by the labor ministry showed.
The government uses CPI for industrial workers to fix wages for its employees.
India's statistics ministry separately releases annual inflation data based on the CPI every month. The annual consumer price inflation was 9.75 percent in October.
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data