India's CPI for industrial workers for October at 9.6 percent
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's consumer price index (CPI) for industrial workers was at 9.6 percent in October, higher than an annual rise of 9.14 percent in September, government data showed on Friday.
The consumer price index for industrial workers rose by 2 points from the previous month to 217 in October, data released by the labor ministry showed.
The government uses CPI for industrial workers to fix wages for its employees.
India's statistics ministry separately releases annual inflation data based on the CPI every month. The annual consumer price inflation was 9.75 percent in October.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |