NHC says 30 percent chance of cyclone over central Atlantic
(Reuters) - A broad area of low pressure over the central Atlantic ocean about 1,350 miles east-northeast of the Leeward Islands has a 30 percent chance of becoming a tropical or subtropical cyclone during the next 48 hours , the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin.
"Special tropical weather outlooks will be issued for this system on Saturday, if necessary," the agency said.
(Reporting By Shruti Chaturvedi in Bangalore; editing by Carol Bishopric)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |