Thomson family company names Binet to succeed Beattie as CEO
(Reuters) - The Woodbridge Company Limited, the family company that controls Thomson Reuters Corp (TRI.N) (TRI.TO), announced that David Binet will succeed Geoff Beattie as president and chief executive, effective January 1.
In a separate statement, Thomson Reuters said on Thursday that Beattie will remain its deputy board chairman and that Binet will join the company's board.
Binet is currently the chief operating officer of Woodbridge.
Woodbridge is the investment company of Canada's Thomson family and owns a 55 percent stake in Thomson Reuters.
Thomson Corp acquired Reuters Group Plc in 2008.
(Reporting by Jennifer Saba in New York; Editing by Martin Howell)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea