Thomson family company names Binet to succeed Beattie as CEO
(Reuters) - The Woodbridge Company Limited, the family company that controls Thomson Reuters Corp (TRI.N) (TRI.TO), announced that David Binet will succeed Geoff Beattie as president and chief executive, effective January 1.
In a separate statement, Thomson Reuters said on Thursday that Beattie will remain its deputy board chairman and that Binet will join the company's board.
Binet is currently the chief operating officer of Woodbridge.
Woodbridge is the investment company of Canada's Thomson family and owns a 55 percent stake in Thomson Reuters.
Thomson Corp acquired Reuters Group Plc in 2008.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team