Top U.S. Republican will comment on Obama's 'fiscal cliff' stance
Washington, Nov 30 - U.S. House Speaker John Boehner will respond on Friday to President Barack Obama's latest comments on the stalemate over the fiscal cliff looming at year's end.
Boehner's office said that the Republican speaker will hold a news conference at 12:45 EDT (1745 GMT) to respond to the president's renewed call for tax cuts for the middle-class only.
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |
- African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak