AkzoNobel CEO to return from medical leave on Dec. 7
AMSTERDAM Dec 3 (Reuters) - AkzoNobel said its chief executive, Ton Buechner, who has been on medical leave since early September, will return to work on December 7 after making a full recovery, pushing shares in the world's largest paints maker up over 1 percent.
The firm, which also makes performance coatings for cars, aircraft and ships, said Buechner would update investors on his long-awaited strategy on Feb. 20 in conjunction with the fourth-quarter results.
The update had to be postponed from Oct. 22 after Buechner went on medical leave because of exhaustion.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |