Allianz ready to pay up for Provinzial NW - report
FRANKFURT Dec 3 (Reuters) - Germany's Allianz is prepared to offer more for Provinzial Nordwest, the country's second-biggest public sector insurer, than initially planned, a newspaper reported on Monday
Allianz, Europe's biggest insurer, may offer significantly more than Provinzial Nordwest's book value of 2.25 billion euros ($2.9 billion), which is what Allianz was initially prepared to pay, Financial Times Deutschland said, without specifying its sources.
Sources close to the owners of Provinzial Nordwest told Reuters on Friday that Allianz was mulling a bid.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet