UK summons Israeli ambassador over settlement plan
LONDON Dec 3 (Reuters) - Britain said on Monday it had summoned the Israeli ambassador in London for talks over Israel's plans to expand Jewish settlements after the Palestinians won de facto U.N. recognition of statehood.
"The Israeli Ambassador to London, Daniel Taub, has been formally summoned to the Foreign Office this morning by the Minister for the Middle East, Alistair Burt. The Minister set out the depth of the UK's concerns," a British Foreign Office spokesman said.
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers released from Atlanta hospital after cleared of Ebola |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Ukraine border guards begin checks on Russian aid trucks