Flaherty- Canada economy to grow modestly, debt trend encouraging
OTTAWA Dec 3 (Reuters) - Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said on Monday he is encouraged by steps Canadians are taking to lower their personal debt obligations and that the economy is on track for modest growth.
"We are on track, as we anticipate, for modest growth, moderate growth, in the next fiscal year," he told reporters in Ottawa.
"When it comes to consumer debt, I am encouraged by the reaction of Canadians. More Canadians are paying down their mortgages, more Canadians are paying their credit cards on time. This is very desirable," he said.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data