C&W Comms sells Monaco & Islands for $680 mln
LONDON Dec 3 (Reuters) - Cable & Wireless Communications said on Monday it had reached an agreement to sell its assets in the Monaco & Islands division to Bahrain Telecommunications Co (Batelco) for $680 million.
The cash proceeds will be used to reduce the company's net borrowings, increase its financial flexibility and increase its focus on the Central American and Caribbean region.
The statement confirmed an earlier announcement from Batelco on Monday and follows news of the deal by Reuters in September.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'