C&W Comms sells Monaco & Islands for $680 mln
LONDON Dec 3 (Reuters) - Cable & Wireless Communications said on Monday it had reached an agreement to sell its assets in the Monaco & Islands division to Bahrain Telecommunications Co (Batelco) for $680 million.
The cash proceeds will be used to reduce the company's net borrowings, increase its financial flexibility and increase its focus on the Central American and Caribbean region.
The statement confirmed an earlier announcement from Batelco on Monday and follows news of the deal by Reuters in September.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case