News Corp names Robert Thomson CEO of publishing company
Dec 3 (Reuters) - News Corp named Robert Thomson as the chief executive of its new publishing company.
News Corp said in June it would separate its publishing and entertainment assets in response to shareholders who had pressed it to get rid of its troubled newspaper business.
Thomson is currently managing editor of the Wall Street Journal and editor-in-chief of its publisher Dow Jones & Co.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 4-Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe