Nikkei edges up to 7-month high on China data, yen fall
TOKYO, Dec 3 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average edged up to a seven-month closing high on Monday helped by futures buying as a weaker yen and improved Chinese manufacturing data encouraged investors. The Nikkei closed up 0.1 percent at 9,458.18 after rising as high as 9,525.82, or 0.8 percent. The broader Topix was flat at 781.73.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic