Nikkei edges up to 7-month high on China data, yen fall
TOKYO, Dec 3 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average edged up to a seven-month closing high on Monday helped by futures buying as a weaker yen and improved Chinese manufacturing data encouraged investors. The Nikkei closed up 0.1 percent at 9,458.18 after rising as high as 9,525.82, or 0.8 percent. The broader Topix was flat at 781.73.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentine debt talks down to the wire to avert default
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |