US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St pares gains after data
NEW YORK Dec 3 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks pared gains and the Dow turned negative after data showed the U.S. manufacturing sector contracted in November, dropping to its lowest level since July 2009.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 8.59 points, or 0.07 percent, to 13,016.99. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index gained 0.63 points, or 0.04 percent, to 1,416.81. The Nasdaq Composite Index added 5.61 points, or 0.19 percent, to 3,015.85.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'