US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St pares gains after data
NEW YORK Dec 3 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks pared gains and the Dow turned negative after data showed the U.S. manufacturing sector contracted in November, dropping to its lowest level since July 2009.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 8.59 points, or 0.07 percent, to 13,016.99. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index gained 0.63 points, or 0.04 percent, to 1,416.81. The Nasdaq Composite Index added 5.61 points, or 0.19 percent, to 3,015.85.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies