PPR's Balenciaga hires Alexander Wang as design chief
PARIS Dec 3 (Reuters) - French luxury group PPR said Californian designer Alexander Wang was to be creative director of its Balenciaga division.
Wang, 29, will take responsibility for the overall brand as well as designing the fashion house's ready-to-wear and accessories lines, PPR said on Monday.
He replaces Frenchman Nicolas Ghesquiere who stepped down as creative director last month after a 15-year stint during which he revived Balenciaga's fortunes.
Wang will continue to run his own five-year-old fashion label. (Reporting by Pascale Denis; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone