Regulator levels allegations vs Ernst & Young on Sino-Forest
TORONTO Dec 3 (Reuters) - Canada's top securities regulator said on Monday it believes top accounting firm Ernst & Young LLP breached the Ontario Securities Act in its audits of troubled forestry company Sino-Forest Corp.
The Ontario Securities Commission released formal allegations on Monday, alleging that Ernst & Young "breached the Ontario Securities Act by failing to conduct their audits in accordance with relevant industry standards."
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls