TABLE-Swiss retail sales up 2.7 pct yr/yr in Oct
Dec 3 (Reuters) - - Swiss retail sales rose 2.7 percent in October in real terms versus the year-earlier month, the Federal Statistics Office said on Monday.
Sales fell 0.4 percent compared to the previous month when adjusted for seasonal effects.
Inflation-adjusted, y/y pct change
Oct 2012 Sept 2012
Retail sales total 2.7 5.0
Retail sales ex fuel 2.8 4.8
* Sales of food,
beverages, tobacco 2.0 1.4
* Non-food sales 2.5 6.7
For more details on retail sales form the Statistics Office, Reuters 3000 Xtra users can click on:
For a story on Swiss economy click on...
For recent Swiss National Bank comments...
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Islamic State committing 'staggering' crimes in Iraq: U.N. report
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Islamic State presses assault on Syrian border town, Kurds warn Turkey |