Syria says would not use chemical weapons against its people
BEIRUT Dec 3 (Reuters) - Syria would not use chemical weapons, if it had them, against its own people, the foreign ministry said in a statement on state television on Monday.
"In response to the statements of the American secretary of state, who warned Syria against using chemical weapons, Syria has stressed repeatedly that it will not use these types of weapons, if they were available, under any circumstances against its people," the statement said.
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 2-Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found
- U.S. mother, officials settle suit over airport breast milk
- Explosion shuts large natural gas processing plant in Wyoming