Syria says would not use chemical weapons against its people
BEIRUT Dec 3 (Reuters) - Syria would not use chemical weapons, if it had them, against its own people, the foreign ministry said in a statement on state television on Monday.
"In response to the statements of the American secretary of state, who warned Syria against using chemical weapons, Syria has stressed repeatedly that it will not use these types of weapons, if they were available, under any circumstances against its people," the statement said.
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on IS in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- More Americans than ever have never married: survey