Syria says would not use chemical weapons against its people
BEIRUT Dec 3 (Reuters) - Syria would not use chemical weapons, if it had them, against its own people, the foreign ministry said in a statement on state television on Monday.
"In response to the statements of the American secretary of state, who warned Syria against using chemical weapons, Syria has stressed repeatedly that it will not use these types of weapons, if they were available, under any circumstances against its people," the statement said.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |