Host Hotels Europe JV buys five hotels for $572 million
(Reuters) - Host Hotels and Resorts (HST.N) said its European joint venture bought five hotels in Paris and Amsterdam from Goldman Sachs' (GS.N) Whitehall unit for about 440 million euros ($572.26 million).
Host Hotels, which holds 33.4 percent stake in the joint venture, said in a statement that the deal was partially funded by a 250 million euro loan.
The five properties include Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center, Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel, Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel, Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel and Courtyard Paris La Defense West - Colombes.
Marriott International MAR.N had sold three of these hotels to indirect subsidiaries of Whitehall Street Global Real Estate Limited Partnership 2005 in 2006.
(Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia probes passenger backgrounds for clues on missing flight |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets