- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
Sweden summons Israeli ambassador over settlements
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Sweden has summoned the Israeli ambassador in Stockholm to a meeting, the foreign ministry said on Monday, as governments across Europe acted to express concern over Israel's plans to expand Jewish settlements on occupied land.
Britain and France summoned Israeli ambassadors and were weighing other measures over the move to build 3,000 settler homes in the West Bank and East Jerusalem in the wake of the Palestinians winning de facto U.N. recognition of statehood.
(Reporting by Niklas Pollard; Editing by Mark Heinrich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this