"Fiscal cliff" significant risk to states: Fitch
(Reuters) - Fitch Ratings warned in a special outlook on Monday that the impending tax increases and federal spending cuts that make up the U.S. "fiscal cliff" is the most significant credit risk to states in 2013.
"The risk that the fiscal cliff presents to the overall economy is the biggest concern for state credit, as state revenue systems quickly reflect changing economic conditions," said Laura Porter, managing director at the rating agency, in a statement.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data