Vale says capex peaked in 2011/12, growth to resume in 2014
NEW YORK Dec 3 (Reuters) - Capital expenditures likely peaked in 2011 and 2012 for Brazil's Vale, the world's second-largest mining company, Chief Financial Officer Luciano Siani said at a press conference in New York on Monday.
Vale cut its estimated 2013 capital spending by 24 percent as it rethinks expansion plans after a global slowdown and a drop in iron ore prices. Siani said growth would likely be slow in 2013 but should resume in 2014.
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- Current underwater search for Malaysia plane could end within a week