In Guatemala, software guru McAfee to seek asylum-lawyer
GUATEMALA CITY Dec 4 (Reuters) - U.S. anti-virus software guru John McAfee, who is on the run from police in Belize seeking to question him in a murder probe, has crossed into Guatemala and will seek political asylum there, his lawyer said on Tuesday.
McAfee has been in hiding for three weeks since police in Belize said they wanted to question him as "a person of interest" about the murder of fellow American Gregory Faull, with whom McAfee had quarreled.
McAfee told Reuters on Monday he would not turn himself in.
(Reporting by Sofia Menchu; Writing by Simon Gardner; editing by Christopher Wilson)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Home sales tumble, jobless claims at near nine-month high
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia