In Guatemala, software guru McAfee to seek asylum-lawyer
GUATEMALA CITY Dec 4 (Reuters) - U.S. anti-virus software guru John McAfee, who is on the run from police in Belize seeking to question him in a murder probe, has crossed into Guatemala and will seek political asylum there, his lawyer said on Tuesday.
McAfee has been in hiding for three weeks since police in Belize said they wanted to question him as "a person of interest" about the murder of fellow American Gregory Faull, with whom McAfee had quarreled.
McAfee told Reuters on Monday he would not turn himself in.
(Reporting by Sofia Menchu; Writing by Simon Gardner; editing by Christopher Wilson)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat