Brazil to extend tax breaks to construction sector
BRASILIA Dec 4 (Reuters) - Brazil will extend payroll tax exemptions to the country's construction sector, Finance Minister Guido Mantega said on Tuesday, the latest in a flurry of tax breaks to local businesses aimed at supporting a lackluster economy.
The Brazilian economy grew much less than expected in the third quarter, surprising private economists and even the government.
Brazil's biggest publicly listed homebuilders, including PDG Realty SA, Cyrela Brazil Realty SA and Gafisa SA, have struggled over the past year as demand cooled and projects overran budgets and timetables. (Reporting By Alonso Soto; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai