Brazil industrial output rises 0.9 percent in Oct vs Sept
SAO PAULO Dec 4 (Reuters) - Industrial production in Brazil expanded 0.9 percent in October from September, government statistics agency IBGE said on Tuesday.
Production had been expected to rise 1.2 percent, according to the median estimate of 35 analysts in a Reuters survey. The forecasts for the increase ranged from 0.6 percent to 1.9 percent.
October's industrial production expanded 2.3 percent from a year earlier, less than the 2.5 percent rise forecast in the Reuters survey. Estimates for the increase in production ranged from 0.4 percent to 3.6 percent.
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role |
- Israel says ready to extend short Gaza truce; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |