Mantega says Brazil economy accelerating, industry going well
BRASILIA Dec 4 (Reuters) - Brazil's economy is "undoubtedly" accelerating, though not as fast as the government wanted, Finance Minister Guido Mantega said on Tuesday during a Senate hearing.
Mantega also said he is confident industry will continue to perform well. Earlier on Tuesday, government data showed industrial output posted its first annual increase in more than a year in October.
Mantega has promised more stimulus measures to lift an economy that has repeatedly disappointed with weaker-than-expected growth despite a string of tax and interest rate cuts.
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- The Fabulously Entrepreneurial Life of Ronnie Biggs