Mantega says Brazil economy accelerating, industry going well
BRASILIA Dec 4 (Reuters) - Brazil's economy is "undoubtedly" accelerating, though not as fast as the government wanted, Finance Minister Guido Mantega said on Tuesday during a Senate hearing.
Mantega also said he is confident industry will continue to perform well. Earlier on Tuesday, government data showed industrial output posted its first annual increase in more than a year in October.
Mantega has promised more stimulus measures to lift an economy that has repeatedly disappointed with weaker-than-expected growth despite a string of tax and interest rate cuts.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Asian stocks subdued on Ukraine caution, dollar firms vs yen