Mantega says Brazil economy accelerating, industry going well
BRASILIA Dec 4 (Reuters) - Brazil's economy is "undoubtedly" accelerating, though not as fast as the government wanted, Finance Minister Guido Mantega said on Tuesday during a Senate hearing.
Mantega also said he is confident industry will continue to perform well. Earlier on Tuesday, government data showed industrial output posted its first annual increase in more than a year in October.
Mantega has promised more stimulus measures to lift an economy that has repeatedly disappointed with weaker-than-expected growth despite a string of tax and interest rate cuts.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- CEOs of biggest Russian firms could be hit by sanctions: paper |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |