Canadian Western Bank ups dividend as profit climbs
Dec 4 (Reuters) - Canadian Western Bank's fourth-quarter profit rose 20 percent, helped by loan growth and gains on securities, and the bank raised its quarterly dividend by 6 percent.
The bank, Canada's seventh-largest by market capitalization, Said Tuesday that it earned C$43.0 million ($43.27 million), or 55 Canadian cents a share, in the fiscal fourth quarter ended Oct. 31. That compared with a profit of C$35.9 million, or 47 Canadian cents a share, in the year-before period.
The Edmonton, Alberta-based bank also said it would raise its quarterly dividend by 1 Canadian cent, or 6 percent, to 17 Canadian cents per share.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge