Germany's Schaeuble: more details needed for Cyprus bailout
BRUSSELS Dec 4 (Reuters) - EU finance ministers discussed plans for a supervisory mechanism for banks on Tuesday, but the depth of divisions between France and Germany highlighted the difficulty in reaching agreement, making a year-end deadline uncomfortably tight.
Tuesday's occasionally heated talks ended in disagreement and the ministers will resume their discussions on Dec. 12.
For comments from ministers and officials click on (Brussels newsroom)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |