Want to Host a Meeting From Your iPad? LogMeIn Updates join.me iOS App to Make Anytime, Anywhere Collaboration a Reality
WOBURN, Mass., Dec. 4, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LogMeIn, Inc. (Nasdaq:LOGM) just released an update to its popular online meeting app, join.me, which provides iPad owners the ability to host meetings and present files from anywhere with an Internet connection. A quick update for existing app users and as a download for new users, the join.me app provides people the ability to virtually collaborate with others in a matter of seconds. People can now invite others into a meeting, visually share files, and even join into a conversation via VoIP or chat directly from their iPad. Meeting attendees can join the iPad-hosted meeting for free from PCs, Macs, iPads, iPhones, Android and Windows 8 devices. As a result, people are free to work with colleagues and customers from virtually anywhere in the world.
A light-weight, simple and secure online meeting app, join.me is one of the world's most popular collaboration products. Every month more than one million people host or attend their first ever join.me meeting. And every week more than half a million people use join.me to collaborate on projects across the hall or across the globe. Offered in both free and premium, or 'pro', editions, join.me can be used to start and join online meetings in a matter of seconds, offering a stark contrast to the notoriously slow set-up time for traditional web conferencing tools.
"The modern worker is no longer tethered to their desk, nor dependent on company-issued tools to be productive – the iPad being the ultimate example of this trend. People are demanding simple, secure solutions that free them to work from virtually anywhere on virtually any device," said Michael Simon, CEO of LogMeIn. "We believe collaboration is about people, not desktops or devices, and with this update, we're putting instant collaboration at the fingertips of information workers, no matter where they are or what they're carrying."
The new iPad hosting capabilities work in conjunction with active join.me pro accounts, while joining a meeting from the app is free for everyone. People interested in trying out the iPad hosting capabilities can sign up for a risk-free, 14-day trial of join.me pro on the join.me website, no credit card required. The iPad app is a free download and can also be used to attend join.me meetings from anywhere with an Internet connection. A video demonstration of the app in action is available on the join.me blog.
The updated join.me iPad app includes the ability to:
- Host or join meetings through a single app
- Select and visually present files from email and other iPad apps with up to 250 people
- Open files from other productivity, business, collaboration and cloud apps in join.me for quick sharing
- Store files in the join.me iPad app for future meetings and presentations
- Invite attendees via email or link into a join.me session
- Talk to attendees via VoIP or free, dedicated teleconference line
- Secure and control meetings via "lock" feature, requiring attendees to seek permission prior to joining a meeting in session
- Trigger a touch-based 'laser pointer' for highlighting areas of content being shared
- Use built-in chat feature to talk with individual or all attendees
Background on join.me
Launched in late 2010, join.me is an instant screen sharing and online meeting service from LogMeIn,the cloud and mobile services provider behind the famed, namesake remote access software, as well as remote IT management and customer care software used by millions of people and hundreds of thousands of businesses. It has since become LogMeIn's fastest growing product in terms of new users and new sales, and recently surpassed the 50 million participants mark. A free version of join.me delivers on-the-fly collaboration in a matter of seconds -- no registration or additional plug-ins required. A 'pro' version of the service with extended functionality is available for $19 per month or $149 per year.
- LogMeIn's Meeting App, join.me, Hits 50-Million-Participants Milestone, Now Averaging More Than a Million New Users Every Month
- join.me app debuts in Windows 8 Store
- join.me rolls out window level sharing
- join.me adds VoIP, unified audio options
- Join.me bulks up 'pro' offering
- Join.me builds on iPhone, iPad apps
- LogMeIn unveils join.me, free drop-dead-simple meeting tool
About LogMeIn, Inc.
LogMeIn (Nasdaq:LOGM) provides essential cloud and mobile services to individuals, businesses, and IT organizations for remote access, collaboration, customer care, and remote IT management. These services are used by millions of people to quickly, simply and securely connect over 150 million internet-enabled devices across the globe — computers, smartphones, iPad™ and Android™ tablets, and digital displays. LogMeIn is based in Woburn, Massachusetts, USA, with offices in Australia, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, the Netherlands, and the UK.
The LogMeIn, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=6574
LogMeIn and join.me are trademarks of LogMeIn in the U.S. and other countries. iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation, and Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries around the world.
CONTACT: Craig VerColen LogMeIn +1-781-897-0696 firstname.lastname@example.org