UPDATE 1-Suspect powder at Italy ministry sparks false alarm
ROME Dec 4 (Reuters) - Seven people were taken to hospital for checks after a suspect package at Italy's labour ministry containing powder raised fears of possible anthrax contamination, but the parcel was found to be harmless.
A ministry spokesman confirmed it was a false alarm after officials inspected the package at the offices in central Rome.
Activists have carried out a number of violent protests during Italy's economic crisis, with tax collection agencies among the chief targets of mainly symbolic attacks with firecrackers or paint bombs.
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media