Hong Kong shares to open up 0.1 pct, Tingyi firmer
HONG KONG Dec 4 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to edge higher on Tuesday, boosted by a 2.9 percent jump for Chinese food and beverage giant Tingyi Holdings.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.1 percent at 21,786.1. The China Enterprises Index was indicated to start down 0.1 percent.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- Pressure mounts on Pakistan leader to quit as protests continue