Nikkei slips on poor U.S. manufacturing data
TOKYO, Dec 4 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average slipped on Tuesday, retreating from a seven-month closing high hit in the previous session, as weak U.S. data triggered profit-taking on exporters, which have lately enjoyed a sharp bounce on a softer yen. The ended 0.3 percent lower at 9,432.46 points. The broader Topix index was flat at 781.97.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |