Olympics-IOC bans Indian Olympic Association over elections
LAUSANNE Switzerland Dec 4 (Reuters) - The International Olympic Committee (IOC) banned the Indian Olympic Association on Tuesday over elections that could result in a tainted official taking over as the only candidate for secretary-general, a source close to the IOC told Reuters.
The source said Kuwait, that was also under investigation over a sports law, had escaped a ban.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann; Editing by John Mehaffey)
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Poroshenko to seek ceasefire after 'very tough' talks with Putin |
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Gaza ceasefire holding as focus turns to longer term |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers