Olympics-IOC bans Indian Olympic Association over elections
LAUSANNE Switzerland Dec 4 (Reuters) - The International Olympic Committee (IOC) banned the Indian Olympic Association on Tuesday over elections that could result in a tainted official taking over as the only candidate for secretary-general, a source close to the IOC told Reuters.
The source said Kuwait, that was also under investigation over a sports law, had escaped a ban.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann; Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'