Turkey's Sabanci keen to exploit E.ON's natural gas expertise
ISTANBUL Dec 4 (Reuters) - Turkish conglomerate Sabanci Holding is keen to exploit the natural gas expertise of Germany's largest energy group E.ON as it develops its business in Turkey, its chairwoman Guler Sabanci said on Tuesday.
E.ON agreed late on Monday to take over a 50 percent stake in Turkish energy firm Enerjisa form Austrian hydropower company Verbund. Enerjisa's other half is owned by Sabanci. (Reporting by Evrim Ergin, Ceyda Caglayan, Writing by Seda Sezer, Editing by Nick Tattersall)
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV |
- Europe holds nerve as Russia-Ukraine warnings ratchet up
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles